Wednesday, November 15, 2017 / by Teresa DiPeso
Why Acting NOW Could BENEFIT You… NOW!
1. Inventory of Competition is Lower. Law of Supply and Demand works! Your home stands out with serious buyers who have less to choose from now. Your odds of selling go UP during this time of year. The % of total inventory sold is great during these months.
2. Only SERIOUS Buyers are out in the fall/winter. Fewer people are in the house, yet are more likely to make an offer.
3. Taking Exterior Photos with Holiday Decorations. This can be a big asset before being left with full-on-winter, dead landscaping… and nothing to dress it up!
4. Homes Show Better While Decorated. Fireplaces, evergreens, and scented candles, all add to the beauty inside… when it’s not so pretty outside. This Contrast can cause YOUR home to show BEST NOW.
5. Little Know Fact: It’s perfectly OK to have specific “no showings-times” during the Holidays. In fact, it’s expected. Just because you’re planning a few days of no showings is no reason to not be for sale the REST of the time. “None this weekend” is perfectly OK.
6. Houses Feel More Like “Homes”. Coming in from the cold… some cozy-home-feelings causes emotion you can’t get other time of the year. People are generally just grateful and happier during this time of year. That can equal a Sale since a lot of Buyers buy on emotion.
7. Online Searches Go Way Up. People stay indoors and tend to do more home research online during times they were outdoors over the spring/summer. If you aren’t listed, they can’t find you online. If you don’t play, you can’t win!
8. End of Year Buyers May Even Pay More. End of year buyers may have mental or actual deadlines they want to meet. With less time to negotiate AND fewer homes competing that could = the BEST price for YOU. Often the % of asking price received is statically higher Nov-March.
9. More Day-time Showings mid-November through January. With holiday time-off, daytime showings increase during this time of year leaving your home free for you during evenings and weekends.
10. End of Year Buyers often has an “urgency factor” they must meet. Many employers hire to start January. There are also tax benefits and other urgency factors that may affect Buyers in Nov/Dec. If you don’t list now, you miss those buyers. They’ve already bought before you ever go on the market if you wait until the new year.
11. Late occupancies are common during this time. Many that need to buy by end of year don’t have to occupy right away, allowing a real win-win. They win buying now, and you may be able to negotiate your move for later while taking your profit out now. This happens over the holidays more than any other time of year.
12. Decreased Demand on Vendors means easier quicker closings. Lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, movers and other vendors are less busy during this time of year, resulting more time for YOUR transaction to be smoother & easier. A huge reason to do this NOW rather than with the “crowds”.
Think of the Peace of Mind you’ll have to be “all done” while others are just starting!
Not listing now could cause you to miss YOUR perfect buyer who needs to buy NOW.
What’s the real downside to listing NOW… when there are so MANY good reasons NOT to wait?
The Question really is – Why delay? Call our team and get your Jersey Shore home on the market TODAY!