Thursday, May 15, 2014 / by Teresa Dipeso
The real estate market is rebounding stronger every day. Or maybe it's headed for another bubble burst.
Mortgage rates are headed up soon so you better hurry up and buy now. Or, they're going to stay close to historical lows for the next six months, one year, three years - so take your time getting your home buying act together.
Shore homes aren't moving; you better sell that beach house soon! No, wait! People are flocking to the shore. The beach is getting hot. Raise your price-your place could sell with multiple offers!
What's a buyer or seller to do when there is so much contradictory information out there? How do you know where to look, what to take as fact, who to trust?
The bottom line is, you can't believe everything you read. The story and data could be outdated even though it was presented as new and paraded around the Internet, which is kind of the problem. And it provides a good cautionary take for anyone getting ready to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of real money on a house or risking same by selling. In today's real estate world, you want to make sure you:
- Check that the articles you read and depend on for research are sourced properly and dated so you know the data is current
- Double check anything you use as research with an industry expert (the "new" mantra for sites like Wikipedia: trust then verify)
- Remember that fact is fact and opinion is opinion (quick - Google a few articles on the future of interest rates. Now compare and contrast.)
- Do your due diligence on neighborhoods of interest; clearly, you can be steered wrong simply by clicking on the wrong link
- Don't gamble on faulty intel; if it seems too good to be true, read more, ask more, look deeper
- When all else fails, talk to a Realtor or mortgage lender
You don't want to end up buying something that turns out to be a dud, or selling for less than you can get because Yahoo told you to.
Understanding the resort and second home market can be challenging and confusing. As your trusted Jersey Shore real estate professionals, we are committed to helping you have a clear picture of the how our local market is behaving. The information we offer is designed to help you navigate the Jersey Shore real estate market. We provide real time data about price, inventory, days on market just to name a few.
As certified Resort and Second Property Specialists ™, members of the National Association of Expert Advisors ™ and licensed New Jersey and Florida real estate brokers, we are committed to helping our buyers and sellers. Our knowledge, experience and education is designed to benefit you, the consumer.
When you are ready to buy or sell a home, trust the professionals synonymous with Jersey Shore real estate, Jersey Shore Realty Group!