Sunday, May 30, 2021 / by Teresa Dipeso
With the lifting of capacity limits at performance venues in New Jersey, live entertainment returns to Ocean City for summer 2021. Tickets for the following shows are on sale now.
SUMMER CONCERT SERIES:
The following is the schedule currently in place for the popular Summer Concert Series at the Ocean City Music Pier. Look for announcements next week about additions to this lineup. Tickets will be on sale 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, May 30, at the Music Pier Box Office. Purchases can be made by cash, check or credit card. Tickets are always available through Ticketmaster.
- 6/21/2021 – Get The Led Out – All 2020 tickets honored. Purchase tickets.
- 6/28/2021 – Judy Collins & Richard Thompson – All 2020 tickets honored. Purchase tickets.
- 7/2/2021 – Don McLean – All 2020 tickets honored. Purchase tickets.
- 7/05/2021 – Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes – All 2020 tickets honored. Purchase tickets.
- 8/2/2021 – Straight No Chaser (2 shows) – All 2020 tickets honored. Purchase tickets.
- 8/10/2021 – Colin Hay & His Band with Paula Cole – Purchase tickets.
- 8/23/2021 – Marshall Tucker Band and Pure Prairie League – All 2020 tickets honored. Purchase tickets.
Ocean City Pops conductor Vince Lee.
OCEAN CITY POPS:
Tickets for the following shows are on sale now at www.oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice, by calling 609-399-6111 or in-person at the Music Pier and welcome centers throughout town.
- 7/11/2021 – Grand Reopening Concert – General admission (no assigned seats) for two shows lasting 45 minutes each at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- 7/18/2021 – Hollywood Hits – Assigned Seats, 7:30 p.m.
- 7/21 – Simon & Garfunkel Music – Assigned Seats, 7:30 p.m.
- 8/15 – Michael James Scott – Assigned Seats, 7:30 p.m.
OCTC SUMMER CHILDREN’S THEATER SERIES:
Tickets are on sale now for the five fully staged family musicals in the 2021 Ocean City Theatre Company Summer Children’s Series at the Ocean City Music Pier. The shows will be on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. from July 6 to August 3. All tickets are $10 in advance and $12 on the day of the show. Seating is limited, so advance ticket purchases are encouraged. All seating is general admission. Call 609-399-6111, visit oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice or stop by the Music Pier Box Office or welcome centers throughout town.
Erik Wagner and Ruby Doran perform in the Ocean City Theatre Company’s 2019 production of “Little Shop of Horrors.” (Photo courtesy of Erik Wagner)
The series will feature the following shows:
- THE RAINBOW FISH: “AN UNDERSEA MUSICAL ADVENTURE” (July 6) — Adapted from the international bestseller and award-winning book “The Rainbow Fish” by Marcus Pfister, the play tells the story of a vain creature who learns that it’s far better to be admired for being kind than for being beautiful.
- THE THREE LITTLE BEARS: THE FAMILY MUSICAL (July 13) — Everybody knows the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, but nobody has ever heard the story from the bears’ point of view.
- JACK AND THE BEANSTALK (July 20) — Take a musical trip up the beanstalk with Jack and discover the town’s unexpected solution to the Giant’s grumpy attitude.
- AWESOME ALLIE: FIRST KID ASTRONAUT (July 27) — Eight-year-old Allie sets out in her dance-powered spaceship on a journey through the stars, soaring from Earth to Pluto with only a trusty, talking dog named Captain Chaos by her side. Along the way, she’ll meet unlikely challenges and unlikelier friends. Allie’s about to discover that friendship just might be the most important thing in the whole universe, but only the audience can help her figure it out.
- ALEXANDER, WHO’S NOT NOT NOT NOT GOING TO MOVE (August 3) — Based on a Judith Viorst book, this musical tells the story of a young boy who learns to understand that home is “where your family is, where you’re with the people who love you best of all.”
Tickets are also on sale for two shows by the Ocean City Junior Theatre Company:
- “All Shook Up” (July 30-31): This crowd-pleasing musical is inspired by and featuring the songs of Elvis Presley.
- “Moana Jr.” (Aug. 27-28): Disney’s Moana JR. is a 60-minute musical adaptation of the 2016 Disney animated film, bringing the adventures of Moana and her village of Motunui to life onstage.