Monday, May 31, 2021 / by Teresa DiPeso
A house hunter’s first view of your property is often online, and if the photos accompanying your home’s listing don’t impress, you probably won’t get a second chance to lure in that potential buyer — meaning your real estate photos are valuable assets when it comes to selling your home. The following tips can help your home put its best foot forward on picture day.
Check out agents’ listings. Before diving into photo-day planning, it’s important to be sure your real estate agent is prepared to deliver quality listing photos. Study a potential agent’s listings to get a feel for the quality of the photography. Here are a few questions you may want to ask about how the agent handles photos:
- Do you have a professional photographer on staff?
- If you take the photos yourself, what equipment do you use — professional camera and tripod or just a cellphone?
- Will the agent or photographer bring in additional lighting if needed?
- How much time is typically allotted for the photo shoot?
- What can I do to make my home look its best in photos?